Is It Possible to Give an Older Child Up for Adoption?
There are many reasons why a mother might feel that adoption is the best choice for her toddler or older child. Whether you are struggling financially, feel that you cannot properly parent your child at this time, or simply want to provide your child with more than what you can currently offer, adoption can be a positive, loving choice.
If this describes your situation, know that you are not alone, and you do have options.
Giving a Toddler Up for Adoption with Adoption Choices of Arizona
Most of our adoption placements are newborns and infants. However, we are able to work with some parents who are considering putting a toddler up to 4-5 years old for adoption on a case-by-case basis.
Throughout the toddler adoption process, you will still have the same rights and choices as any mother placing a baby for adoption:
- You will still choose the adoptive parents for your child; Adoption Choices works with many families who are willing and excited to adopt an older infant or toddler, and occasionally a child up to 5 years old.
- You will still choose the type of relationship you want to have with your child and the adoptive parents after placement as far as an open, semi-open, or closed adoption.
- You will get the counseling and support you need to make a fully informed adoption decision that you feel confident with.
- You are still entitled to free adoption services; your legal and counseling costs will always be covered for you.
- You are still in control of the adoption process.
Whatever circumstances have led you to adoption, placing your toddler with a private agency like Adoption Choices allows you to take control of your situation and your child’s future.
If you’re looking for a compassionate adoption agency in Arizona that understands how unique your journey is, advocates for you, and offers pregnancy help in this confusing time, contact us now 24/7.
CALL TODAY: 602-505-4190 | TEXT TODAY: 480-900-5520 | EMAIL TODAY